Located on the Gulf Coast of Florida, Palm Harbor is a charming and family-friendly community that offers a variety of activities and attractions for visitors of all ages. Whether you’re looking for outdoor adventures, cultural experiences, or just some good old-fashioned fun, there are plenty of things to do in Palm Harbor that will keep your family entertained for days. And with several lodging options nearby, Home Team Vacation Rentals promises to be an excellent home base for fun in the sun!
- Visit John Chesnut Sr. Park: This beautiful park offers a variety of activities for families, including hiking trails, picnic areas, a playground, and a fishing pier. It’s a great place to spend the day exploring the natural beauty of Palm Harbor.
- Visit the Palm Harbor Museum: Located in the historic Old Palm Harbor Fire Station, the Palm Harbor Museum is a great place to learn about the town’s rich history. The museum features exhibits on early settlers, the citrus industry, and local military veterans, as well as artifacts and photos from the town’s past. It’s a great way to appreciate Palm Harbor’s unique heritage and culture.
- Explore Wall Springs Park: This park is a hidden gem in Palm Harbor, with miles of hiking and biking trails, a fishing pier, and a historic spring that was once a popular tourist attraction in the early 1900s.
- Visit the Suncoast Primate Sanctuary: This sanctuary is home to over 100 animals, including monkeys, apes, and lemurs. It’s a great place to learn about these fascinating creatures and support a good cause.
- Take a Scenic Drive on Alt 19 to St. Petersburg: This scenic drive will take you through some of the most beautiful areas from Palm Harbor to St. Pete, including waterfront parks, historic neighborhoods, and charming downtown areas.
- Play Golf at Lansbrook Golf Club: If you’re looking for a nice public golf course, Lansbrook is an excellent option. This 18-hole course features scenic views of Lake Tarpon, as well as challenging water hazards and sand traps. It’s a great place for golfers of all skill levels to enjoy a round or two with their families. Additionally, the club offers a practice facility, a pro shop, and a restaurant for post-golf meals or snacks.
- Visit the Leepa-Rattner Museum of Art in Tarpon Springs: This museum features a variety of modern and contemporary art and a collection of works by local artists. It’s a fantastic place to go on a rainy day.
- Explore the Pinellas Trail: This 38-mile trail runs through Palm Harbor and offers a variety of outdoor activities, including hiking, biking, and rollerblading. It’s an ideal way to explore the area’s natural beauty.
- Take a Day Trip to Tarpon Springs: This nearby town is famous for its Greek heritage and sponge-diving industry. It’s a great place to explore historic sites, shop for souvenirs, and enjoy some delicious Greek cuisine.
- Take in the Beach: Of course, one of the best things to do in Palm Harbor is simply relax on the beach. The area has several beautiful beaches, including Honeymoon Island State Park and Clearwater Beach.
Florida Vacation Rentals near Palm Harbor
It doesn’t take long to realize why Palm Harbor is a beautiful destination for families looking for a fun and relaxing vacation. With so many things to do in Palm Harbor, you’re sure to find something that will appeal to everyone in your family. Whether exploring the great outdoors, learning about local history and culture, or enjoying some quality time on the beach, this beloved Florida town has something for everyone.